The Northport-East Northport Board of Education meeting Monday was cancelled due to continuing weather conditions and rescheduled for Tuesday.
Superintendent Maryou McDermott is expected to present a preliminary 2013-2014 budget at the meeting. The budget will reflect the board's direction given on Jan. 28 for the Superintendent to create a $158.7 million 2013-2014 budget, representing a 3.1 percent budget to budget increase from the prior year. It would require a little less than $2.8 million in cuts.
Among the other items on the agenda:
- Recommendation to authorize the Board President to execute an Agreement between the Board of Education of the Northport-East Northport Union Free School District and the United Teachers of Northport regarding creation of a sick leave bank for a specific employee (to be forwarded Friday)
- Recommendation to approve transfer of general fund appropriations in the 2012-2013 budget
- Recommendation to approve 2012-2013 estimated non-resident tuition charges and the 2011-2012 actual non-resident tuition charges, identifying the amounts that will be charged to other school districts for any of their students who are enrolled in our district
- Recommendation that the Board establish the 2012-2013 health service charge for out-of-district students attending non-public schools at $763.04 per pupil and that the Board President and the Superintendent be authorized to execute contracts with the school districts indicated in the attached memorandum in the amounts specified.
- Recommendation to approve a Memorandum of Agreement dated December 4, 2012 between the United Teachers of Northport - Per Diem Substitute Teachers Association and the Northport-East Northport Union Free School District
- Recommendation to approve the Corrective Action Plan for the June 30, 2012 external audit
The full agenda can be viewed at Board Docs.