The following was taken from the Northport Police blotter.
- Homeowners on Main Street told police that a woman dressed as a pirate driving a black KIA entered their parking lot, exited her vehicle, and made small crosses on their signs and traffic posts on Oct. 4.
- Responded to a report of a female scraping a stop sign with a tool on Woodbine Ave. on Sept. 27. Upon arrival she was gone but it appears that she was removing a bumper sticker someone applied. The sticker was almost totally removed as was one from the other signs at the intersection. Highway was notified to inspect the signs.
- Police investigated an attempted petty larceny on Annetta Avenue Sept. 27. A woman looked out her front door to see a man wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt going through her car. When she challenged the man, he exited the car and ran in a westerly direction on Annetta Avenue. SCPD K9-6 responded and attempted to track the individual to no avail. Nothing appeared to be missing from the vehicle.
- A police officer on patrol found an intoxicated man lying in some bushes on Main Street around 1:36 a.m. on Oct. 4. He was offered transportation home which he accepted.
- A kayak was stolen from Willo Beach sometime between July 10-12.
For questions about this blotter, email the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.