The following was taken from the Northport Police Department crime blotter.
- While on patrol, police observed a man laying in the driver seat " head banging" to a hip hop song. The car was parked in a no parking area and the volume of the music was in violation of the Northport Village code. The driver was advised that he needed to lower the music and also to park his car legally. The man became increasingly angry at these requests stating that the officer was "in his head," that it was beautiful music and that it was his spot. The officer did warn the subject regarding these violations and he did lower his music and moved his motor vehicle to a legal parking spot.
- An anonymous woman told police that a tow truck cut her off and was operating on Woodbine Ave. with complete abandon. Police located the tow truck on Bayview Ave. and interviewed the driver who stated the complainant was crazy.
- Police responded to Maple Ave. for a report of a tree limb that had fallen onto a parked vehicle.
- A Maple Avenue man reported that someone has been forging checks in his name. An attempt to cash said check in the amount of $4,000 was made to no avail as the bank representative contacted the complainant beforehand.
- Police responded to the above location for a report of a tree limb hanging above the roadway in front of a house on Milland Drive. Upon arrival the officer located a tree limb hanging about 20 feet in the air, hung up between two trees.
- Responded to the incident location for a report of a truck on fire. Upon arrival, police spoke with the above driver who stated that his dash board had smoke coming from it and a smell burnt plastic was within the cab. Mr. Beck stated that he believed it was an electrical short and decided that he could drive the truck back to the Town of Huntington yard.
For question about this blotter, contact the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.