Hello and welcome to the Wednesday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 84. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
2. NAC Presents "Jazz for a Summer Evening": The Northport Arts Coalition, in cooperation with the Library, is proud to present its 10th Annual Jazz for a Summer Evening. Legendary jazz pianist, teacher, and composer Ranny Reeve will lead professional musicians and students in a night of jazz classics and spirited improvisations. No registration required. 7 p.m. @ . FREE
3. Huntington Planning Board Meeting: The Huntington Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m in Town Hall. PDF agenda attached.
4. I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change: This laugh-inducing, award-winning musical comedy about love in the suburbs, is a touching and insightful look at love and relationships. 8 p.m. at the . $60
5. Bloggers Wanted: Are you an expert in your field? Are you passionate about neighborhood issues? Plugged in to local government? Blog for Patch! Patch bloggers say what they want when they want and have a platform to share their voice with thousands of readers. To apply, email the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.