Two upcoming events have a decidedly Beatles theme and a chance to experience the music that helped shape a generation. Here's our picks for the top upcoming events:
Multimedia Discovery of the Early Beatles
Huntington’s Cinema Arts Centre hosts "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Deconsructing the Early Beatles," a multimedia presentation on Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
Beatles scholar Scott Freiman returns for an entertaining and live multimedia journey through the early years of the iconic band from Liverpool.
- Price: $9 Members; $14 Public: Tickets can be purchased online, www.CinemaArtsCentre.org at the box office during theater hours or by calling Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006.
- Info: Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 7:30 p.m.; Cinema Arts Centre, 423 Park Ave, Huntington 631-423-7610 www.CinemaArtsCentre.org
Annual Winter Soiree in Northport
The Rotary’s 6th annual 'Winter Soiree' is themed as a "Night of Magic & Music. The Feb. 8 event in the new Tuscany Garden Room at the Thatched Cottage, Centerport, features music of the Beatles tribute band, Liverpool Shuffle. There's also the magic of Richard Edelson and includes a “Champagne Welcome” with vocalist Teri George and pianist Ann Stevens. All proceeds benefit the Visiting Nurse Service and Hospice of Suffolk.
- Price: $65 per person includes champagne with lavish buffet of international hors d’oeuvres and gourmet desserts compliments of Copenhagen Bakery.
- Info: Friday, Feb. 8; 7-11 p.m. 445 East Main St., Centerport. Reservations by phone: 631-261-7200; Reservations are limited. Sponsorship opportunities available 631-930-9310.
Art In and About New York
The extensive galleries of the Nassau County Museum of Art contain rich collection of New York scenes in the collection of the New Britain Museum of American Art. Laura Cottingham, an artist, critic, writer and curator, offers insights into those works on Saturday, Feb. 2. (See the attached painting by Gifford Beal entitled: "Elevated, Columbus Avenue, New York."
- Price: Admission is $15 (members: $5); includes museum admission.
- Info: Saturday, February 2 at 3 p.m. Register at nassaumuseum.org/events.
About this column: "Long Island Culture" is a new Patch Friday feature highlighting upcoming cultural and arts events around our region. Add yours in the comment section below and to our events calendar. You can also pitch your best offerings to Local Editor Joe Dowd at email@example.com.