The East Northport Fire Department began in 1908, when a small group of men gathered for the purpose of organizing a fire department. Today, more than 100 years later, the East Northport Fire Department has grown in both members and apparatus. Along with its headquarters, located on Larkfield, the department's newly renovated sub-station is located on Clay Pitts Road. Both houses combined have 118 men and women serving the community in various ways. The department responds to over 1,400 ambulance calls and 500 fire calls per year.