As the largest employer on Long Island, North Shore-LIJ Health System has numerous job openings each week. It also offers an online chat with recruiters on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 to 10 a.m. and again from 1 to 2 p.m.
It is scheduling interviews for nurse practitioners from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 3.
And Wal-Mart plans to hire 50,000 seasonal workers around the country.
Here are a few of the openings at NSLIJ and elsewhere.
- Manage operational projects and initiate value-added projects to increase employee engagement and patient satisfaction. Serves as key participant in creating, planning, and implementing strategic initiatives with accountability for the effectiveness of the people programs and processes.
- Partner with business leaders to help strengthen the overall work environment and to ensure all decisions affecting employees are based on data in alignment with our strategic goals. Develop strong relationships at all levels to facilitate attainment of LIJ's goals.
- Provide generalist support with limited direction from HR Leadership; implement, interpret, communicate and, where appropriate, recommend HR policies and procedures for implementation.
- Provide consultation and coaching to department heads regarding HR and business issues from a strategic standpoint to include coaching on effectively leading their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues and managing talent development programs.
- Directs warehouse operations.
- Oversees and provides direction to staff on the effective and efficient receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storing, and delivery of medical surgical products.
- Directs staff on the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products to a variety of customer locations.
- Overseeing and scheduling the day to day activities of transportation employees.
- Frequent communication with Management team regarding status and logistics of deliveries/pick ups to ensure quality service is provided to our customers.
- Assist management team in the supervision of transportation personnel.
- Ensure all deliveries/pick ups are done efficiently, specific customer requests or concerns are communicated to all transportation employees.
- Ensure adherence to all security and operational procedures.
- Other transportation activities as required by the needs of the company and the customer base.
The technical writer Level II position supports the Facilities department by drafting and maintaining procedural and policy documents for packaging & manufacturing process equipment, plant utilities, engineering systems, and other departmental procedures. This responsibility involves executing technical writing projects from planning, drafting, review/approval, and training phases of the process. This position primarily supports moderate to complex technical writing projects and is expected to execute projects with minimal guidance from production, facilities, and engineering. This position is required to complete job responsibilities with limited direction from management.
- Contacts providers as needed to determine the appropriateness and duration of treatment.
- Reviews files to determine the need and timing for IMEs and Peer Reviews. Identifies the appropriate medical specialty and recommends questions to be asked at the time of review
- Identifies the need, make recommendations and when requested, arranges, for attendant care, durable medical equipment, prescription drugs, transportation, and specialty facility admissions. Refers to preferred providers when possible.
Shoot and/or edit video and/or operate live-transmission vehicles for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions for all News 12 Services. Will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product, or shooting live action suitable for distribution of the News 12 services.
- Oversee execution of approved information security project plans and provide regular status reporting on progress of such projects.
- Provide guidance (e.g., information security risk severity assessments / relative cost benefit analysis etc.) and provide recommendations regarding prioritization of system security infrastructure investments that mitigate risks, strengthen defenses and reduce vulnerabilities.
- Draft and propose Companywide information security strategy and action plans based on Company-wide risk assessment and gap analysis.
- Develop, publish, and maintain comprehensive information security standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assists lead maintenance technician in performing various maintenance tasks
- Cleans and maintain tools and equipment
- Prepares rigs for daily use
- Repairs or replaces pumps, motors, gearboxes, blowers, belt presses, and other equipment
- Performs routine lubrication of equipment and motors and replaces oil reserves
- Performs vibration analysis and other non-destructive testing methods
- Maintains files and records of work orders and task completion
- Properly secures loads for lifting with crane