The following information is taken from the Suffolk County Police Department's crime blotter. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime, but were arrested for the charges listed below. A criminal charge is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
- Aaron Taveras, 22, from Deer Park was arrested in East Northport on Jan. 28 and charged with petty larceny after he allegedly stole clothing from .
- John Azzara, 47, from Lake Ronkonkoma was arrested in East Northport on Jan. 25 and charged with petty larceny after he allegedly stole $131 worth of gum from .
- Paul LaPorta, Jr., 35, from Wantagh was arrested in East Northport on Jan. 25 and charged with petty larceny after he allegedly stole bandages, tape, and an iPod docking station from CVS.
- Derek Dileo, 22, from Northport was arrested at Old Bridge Road and Stacey Lane in East Northport on Jan. 25 and charged with third degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with the intent to sell, and seventh degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. Police would not give details on what the drugs were and how much he allegedly had.
- Robert Schaffer, 34, from Deer Park was arrested on Pulaski Road in East Northport on Jan. 23 and charged with first offense DWI after he was allegedly observed swerving between lanes.
For questions about this blotter, email the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.