Northport police responded to an incident of suspected arson earlier this month when they received an anonymous report of a mailbox on fire.
Police received a call Oct. 12 at approximately 7:15 in the morning, reporting a fire in a mailbox on Woodbine Avenue. Upon arrival, police found a newspaper smoldering within the mailbox. Northport Fire Department responded and put out the fire.
Woman Accidentally Locks Self Inside Bathroom
An elderly woman accidentally locked herself inside of her bathroom and needed police assistance to get out, according to a Northport police report.
On Oct. 15, at approximately 11:45 a.m., police received a call from Laurel Avenue regarding a woman who was locked in her bathroom and unable to get out. The landlord of the woman's apartment opened the residence for police and was able to unlock the door. Police said there was no apparent damage to the apartment.