The following was taken from the Northport Police Department crime blotter. An arrest does not indicate a conviction as all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- A mysterious man showed up at the door of a Whispering Fields Drive home demanding payment for a popped balloon on Dec. 7. The man said that the homeowner's child had popped his daughter's balloon in school, and he wanted the homeowner to pay for said balloon. The homeowner said he wasn't paying for any balloon and had no idea what the man was talking about. The man then drove away.
- Police performed a number of New York State Liquor Authority checks on Main Street bars and restaurants on Dec. 7. They all passed.
- Northport Police assisted a Suffolk County Police Department search for a hit and run suspect on Laurel Ave. around 2:30 a.m. Dec. 11. The officer canvassed the area and helped maintain a perimeter until the search was terminated.
- William Wahl, 24 of Commack was arrested on Dec. 7 for failure to appear. Northport Police responded to Nassau County 1st District Court to effect a warrant arrest on Wahl. He was placed under arrest, transported to Northport Police Department Headquarters where he was processed and released on $100 cash bail returnable to Northport Village Justice Court on Dec. 10.
- Police observed a disturbance involving two intoxicated male subjects while on patrol along Fort Salonga Road on Dec. 6. Upon interview with the subjects, the officer was unable to determine what actually occurred because of conflicting reports from both parties. Both subjects declined police involvement and left the scene on their own.
For questions about this blotter, contact the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.