The following was taken from the Northport Police crime blotter. An arrest does not indicate a conviction as all persons are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Danielle Imbriano, 25, of Smithtown, was arrested on Sept. 3 and charged with driving while intoxicated, driving while intoxicated BAC, and unsafe lane change. An anonymous caller reported Imbriano getting into her car intoxicated from a location on Main Street and driving west. A police oficer observed her failing to maintain her lane on Fort Salonga Road. When stopped, Imbriano allegedly had slurred speech and was unable to locate her vehicle insurance card. When asked to exit the vehicle, she was unsteady on her feet and her eyes were glassy. The defendant performed poorly on several field sobriety tests and was subsequently arrested. She was transported to headquarters, processed, and given an intoxilyzer test where she blew .12BAC. She was held pending arraignment.
- Someone reported a woman sleeping with a large dog in Constitution Square on Aug. 30 around 11 p.m. The anonymous complainant said she felt that it was wrong that the female was drunk and it was dangerous for her to have such a large dog. A police officer spoke with the subject and she agreed to move out of the park.
- Four cars were reportedly keyed on Aug. 31. Two on Center Street, Maple Avenue, and one on Norwood Ave.
- Police responded to Seaview Terrace on Aug. 31 around 9:30 a.m. for an anonymous report of a man in the roadway, yelling and acting strangely. Upon interviewing the above men, he was sober and lucid and talking on a cell phone.
- Police responded to Highland Avenue on Sept. 4 for a report of unknown person(s) who left empty beer kegs on someone's property during the night. One was placed on her minivan and the other was placed near the back door. No damage to property was observed at the time.
For questions about this blotter, contact the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.