The following was taken from the Northport Police Department blotter. An arrest does not indicate a conviction as all persons are presumed innocent until, and if, proven guilty in a court of law.
- Eric George, 49, of Huntington surrendered himself on an active warrant on Jan. 15 for failure to appear. He was processed and held pending arraignment. He was released R.O.R. and scheduled to appear on Jan. 28.
- Bryan Zembreski, 35, of East Northport was arrested on Jan. 18 and changed with DWI-BAC and leaving the scene of an accident. Zembreski was stopped in his car after leaving the scene of an accident on Woodbine Avenue. Upon interview, the defendant had slurred speech and stated he knew he ran over the complainants driveway lighting. When asked to exit the vehicle, his movements were allegedly uncoordinated, he performed poorly of several field sobriety tests and his breath smelled of an alcoholic beverage. He was arrested, transported to headquarters, and given an intoxilyzer test (.16 BAC), processed and held for arraignment.
- Michael Greene, 44, of East Northport was in the above car with Zembreski on Woodbine Avenue on Jan 18. He allegedly admitted to possessing a small quantity of cocaine in clear plastic wrap which he removed from his right pant pocket. A field test was performed on said cocaine which yielded positive results. He was arrested and charged with seventh degree possession of a controlled substance.
- Police were called to Laurel Avenue on Jan. 17 around 3 a.m. after a large group fighting was observed fighting. The group had dispersed before police arrived.
- A man reported that his bicycle was stolen from in front of his apartment on Scudder Ave on Jan. 17.
- A deer was hit by a car on Waterside Avenue on Jan. 20. Suffolk Police euthanized the deer upon arrival.
For questions about this blotter, contact the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.