The following information was taken from the Northport Police Department blotter. An arrest does not indicate a conviction as all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Lars Beshaw, 50, of Huntington Station was issued an appearance ticket for unauthorized use of village property and failure to appear on an outstanding warrant on July 31. Breshaw came into police headquarters to retrieve a dinghy that was confiscated after being illegally tied to the people's float. While being interviewed by a police officer, it was discovered that Beshaw had an active Northport Village Justice Court Arrest Warrant.
- A man told police that he was being chased by a loose Pit Bull on Belknap on the night of July 27. He stated he was walking his dog when a white Pit Bull from a house on that street ran after him and his dog. The officer, while attempting to go to the door of the address to interview the resident was also charged by a white Pit Bull. The officer used pepper spray on the dog, causing it to recoil, and told the owner that he needs to monitor his canines so that they did not leave his property. The officer did not observe any violation of the law as the dog was not observed off the owner's property and the charging incident occurred within the yard.
- A man told police that a male punched his car while walking by it on Ocean Avenue on July 27.
- An officer responded to the area of Prime Time Deli located at 168 Laurel Road to assist Suffolk Police with a foot pursuit on July 28 at 4:58 a.m. Upon arrival, a witness pointed out three subjects running on Laurel Road. The officer approached by vehicle when the subjects took flight into the rear yards of several businesses. After a foot pursuit, the above subject was apprehended by the officer at the corner of Laurel Road and Dickenson Avenue and custody was transferred to P.O. Joss, SCPD unit #210.
- A woman told police that someone stole her car from her driveway on Bayview Avenue sometime in the late hours of July 31. The car was parked in the driveway with the keys inside.
For questions about this blotter, email the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.