The following was taken from the crime blotter. An arrest does not indicate a conviction as all persons are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Wendy Klein, 44, of Northport was arrested on Aug. 8 and charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs after she allegedly struck two parked and unoccupied cars on Gilbert Street around 6 p.m.
- A car was stolen from a Bayview Avenue driveway overnight on Aug. 1. The car reportedly had the keys inside.
- A vehicle required help after becoming stuck in a large puddle on Locust Road Aug. 1.
- A tree limb fell on the roof and front of a woman's car on Locust Road on Aug. 2.
- A woman reported that someone has been sneaking into her suite on Main Street at night and using the toilet, leaving the lights on, and moving things around. There is never any forced entry and the rear door to the suite leads to another suite. She was advised to change the locks on all the doors and the case was referred to Det. Hayes for follow up.
- Someone broke into a car on Scudder Avenue and used credit card stolen from the car on Aug. 3
- A car reported stolen was recovered by Suffolk Police on Aug. 4. at Parnel Street. The car was in good condition but had no keys.
- A man was admonished by police for tight rope walking in the park. On Aug. 4, police observed a man with a rope tied between two trees at Village Park, practicing what appeared to be tight rope walking. The officer told the man that he could not perform the act because it is a hazardous condition that does meet the definition of unauthorized use of village property. The man removed the rope and said he was going to ask the Mayor for a circus permit.
- Two people were brought back to shore by a Northport Police Officer and civilian boater on Aug. 9 around 5:30 p.m. after their jet ski died near Duck Island.
For questions about this blotter, email the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.