The following was taken from the crime blotter. An arrest does not indicate a conviction as all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Justin Daniels, 20, of East Northport and James Shepardson, 18, of Northport, were arrested on Aug. 27 and charged with third degree assault with intent after they allegedly attacked another man on Main Street around midnight Aug. 26. The man suffered a broken nose and his face was severely swollen around his left eye and mouth. He reported his two alleged assailants from Huntington Hospital.
- Arthur Laemmel, 88, of Northport was arrested in Northport and charged with leaving the scene of an incident after he allegedly drove over a curb and into some bushes and a fence on Fort Salonga Road Aug. 27 around 10 a.m.
- A Markan Drive woman told police on Aug. 25 that she believes an unknown person was inside her house and she observed "silly things moved." She previously had the locks changed because of these suspicions and found her car door open on one occasion while taking out the trash.
- A woman on Horseshoe Drive reported that someone rifled through the glove box of her unlocked Land Rover sometime between Aug. 19 and 20. Nothing was stolen.
- Police responded to the report of a possible larceny from an unlocked car on Scudder Avenue Aug. 23 around 5:30 p.m.
- A Scudder Avenue woman told police on Aug. 25 that she has been receiving calls for the last two months from a female asking for different men and finds these calls annoying and alarming.
For questions about this blotter, contact the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.