The homeowners of 6 Nagle Lane caught a lucky break when a Commack Fire Department member on his way home from work spotted smoke coming from their roof and alerted the fire department.
A small fire sparked near the solar panels on an unoccupied portion of the home that was under construction around 3:35 p.m. Monday, according to Commack Fire Marshal Joe Digiose. There was some damage to the roof, but the fire didn't get inside the house and no one was hurt. The also responded.
Last week, members of the Commack and East Northport Fire Departments braved below-freezing temperatures to that tore through a Chatham Road home. No injuries were reported.