Hello and welcome to the Wednesday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: A slight chance of light rain before 10am, then a slight chance of showers after 10 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 67. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. Three Stages of Amore: Join the Northport Reader’s Theater for staged readings of three short comedies entitled Three Stages of Amore. The program will include No Scenes Allowed by Brian Schwimmer, Just Desserts by Linda Delmonico Prussen, and Mrs. Finkel and the Caterer by Bonnie Corso. Each play offers a peek at the lives of diners in an Italian restaurant and the various stages of their relationships. The performance will be followed by a discussion with the playwrights and the cast. 7 p.m. at Northport Library.
3. Elwood Taxpayers Association Monthly Meeting: Huntington town board will share with the public any updates they have on the Oak Tree Dairy Condo Project. The entire town board, including Supervisor Petrone have been invited to speak on this matter. 8 p.m. at Elwood Public Library.
4. Poetry Workshop: Join the Library’s new poetry reading and discussion group, led by Bob Little, and explore the ideas of various poets and the forms they use to present them. Members of the group will enhance the poets’ ideas by drawing on their own experience and personal insights. East Northport Library at 2:30 p.m.
5. Have a Local Event? Post it here on Patch! It's free and easy.