Hello and welcome to the Thursday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: A slight chance of showers after 4 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 65. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 13 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. The Sunshine Boys: This laugh-out-loud comedy follows two faded
vaudeville legends, Lewis and Clark, as they reunite to perform their old act one last time. The only problem is they can't stand each other. Engeman Theater @ 8 p.m. $50
3. Grease: See the classic 1978 film at 1:30 p.m. at the Northport Library. FREE
4. Special Needs K.I.D.S. Plus Basketball: K.I.D.S. Plus offers therapeutic recreation and sports programs to children and young adults with developmental disabilities. This basketball program is intended for middle School and high school level children and young adults of all abilities and all communities to practice skills and drills and finish with a scrimmage each week. Laurel Avenue School Gym. 5 p.m., $25
5. FREE Business Listings: Own a small business in Northport, East Northport, Fort Salonga, or Elwood? Claim your Patch listing! Many local businesses are listed on Northport Patch for FREE. When you claim this listing you control how your business is described and keep patrons and Patch readers up to date on the latest changes. Claiming is easy.