Hello and welcome to the Monday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Sunny, with a high near 61. West wind between 5 and 9 mph.
2. Marketing Yourself in a Tight Job Market: With competition for jobs at an all-time high, preparing for your job search can be overwhelming. Career development expert Constance Hallinan Lagan will show you how to apply the basic principles of marketing to your job search. She will discuss assessing your skills, setting goals, preparing for the interview, and more. at 7 p.m.
3. Discipline is Not a Dirty Word: Positive discipline means helping children learn self-control and problem solving. Discover new ways to correct and guide children’s behavior. Parent educator Nancy Olsen-Harbich will lead this workshop for parents and caregivers of children ages 2-12. Mondays, March 12, 19, and 26, 7 p.m. at .
4. Claim Your Listing: Are you a business owner? Then you're on Patch! Search your business on Patch Places and click "" beneath the photo to have more control over how your business is described, add photos, and alert customers of holiday hours and specialties. It's fast and it's FREE. Check out our for more info!
5. Cheapest Gas Prices: Gas prices are sky high. So save a little money by doing your homework with our traffic and gas widget before heading to work.
Want real-time updates from Patch? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or sign up for our newsletter.