It’s been an unforgettable year in Northport.
It’s been a year of storms and hardship. A year of economic hope and redevelopment. And a year filled with achievement, from classroom excellence to sports prowess.
Last call: Northport Patch is seeking nominees for our 2012 Person of the Year.
So many of you have already nominated key figures from around Northport:
- Andrea Miller who helped a murder victim's son continue his education
- Vision Long Island Executive Director Eric Alexander for his work with Hurricane Sandy cleanup around Long Island
- Northport Hardware Owners Terry and Jim Reichert for their service to charitable causes in the community
- Mayor George Doll for his leadership of the community
- Nothport-East Northport Library Director James Olney and Assistant Director Nancy Morcerf for the services the library provides
Who else deserves consideration? Nominate them in comments.
Starting Friday, we'll put it to a vote.
So get your nominations in today for the best, brightest, most selfless or generous Northporters. Acts of courage and heroism come in many forms. Let's recognize the exceptional.