Hello and welcome to the Tuesday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 86. West wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. Huntington Town Board: The Huntington Town Board will meet at Town Hall at 7 p.m. The agenda is attached as a PDF.
3. Interviewing and Networking Class: How can you make a good first impression at an interview? What are some ways to address gaps on your resume? How important is networking? Representatives from the Long Island Cares Jobs Skills Program will explore these questions and provide you with valuable information on resumes, job searching, interviewing, and networking. 10 a.m. at . Register online. FREE.
4. Intro to Microsoft Word 2010: Learn the basics of word processing including creating a document, saving, editing, and formatting. Prerequisite: Computers 101 or equivalent. 7-9 p.m. at the . FREE.
5. Newsletters: Let Patch make your life easier. Sign up for our free newsletter and get local news delivered to your inbox daily or weekly.