It's Friday and you have no idea what to do this weekend. Patch is coming to the rescue with the best bets around town.
- Join the highly acclaimed Paul Joseph Quartet for a memorable evening of George Gershwin jazz at Northport Library Friday. Enjoy inspiring instrumental renditions of classics such as I Got Rhythm, Summertime, Embraceable You, and many others. The Paul Joseph Quartet has performed extensively with their American Songbook composer-themed programs featuring the music of Gershwin, Rodgers, Porter, Kern, and Ellington.7:30 p.m.
- See the Northport-East Northport Community Theater production of The King & I Friday through Sunday at the Brosnan Center Theater. $15 student/senior; $20 adult
- The last Northport Farmer's market is this Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Located at the foot of Main Street at Cow Harbor Parking Lot at the harbor in Northport Village, the Market will include fresh vegetables and fruit from Long Island farmers, fresh fish, grass fed meats, eggs, gourmet foods, fresh pasta, cheese and pickles, baked goods, gluten free chocolates and cookies, jams, jellies and tapenades, oils, sauces and vinegars, micro brewed beer, handmade soaps, and scrubs, fresh cut flowers, potted plants, perennials and annuals, herbs, treats for your pets, and music for your entertainment.
- Do your holiday shopping at the Lewis-Oliver Farm. Fresh produce, apple cider, pies and more...everything you need for your Thanksgiving table! Plus, visit with the animals and browse the Lewis Oliver Country Store. Admission is free; produce and merchandise priced accordingly. Sat., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Amadeus Opera presents a double-feature of two 1-Act comic operas: Mozart's "Bastien and Bastienne" and "The Impresario." These fully-staged productions will be performed in English, and accompanied by a chamber orchestra. 50% of all ticket sales support our local, professional cast and orchestra members. Saturday at 7 p.m. at St. Paul's uNited Methodist Church.
- Northport Historical Society's year long celebration of its 50th anniversary will culminate with a gala dinner-dance at the Northport Yacht Club on Saturday. The Society will honor Northport Mayor George Doll for his efforts to protect historic structures in the Village. The evening will also include an auction of premium goods and services donated by local individuals and businesses and music by The North Shore Trio. For more information or tickets, call 631-757-9859 or visit www.northporthistorical.org.
- Enjoy an evening of Squeaky Clean Comedy with some of Long Island's Funniest, finest comedians at Samantha's Li'l Bit of Heaven at 8 p.m. Saturday.
Do you have an event this weekend? Add it to our calendar here.