Hello and welcome to the Monday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
2. Make Mozzarella: Learn to make fresh mozzarella in your own home. Chef Richard Kanowsky will take you through the process of turning milk into curd and participants will create their own ball of fresh mozzarella to take home. Please bring a large mixing bowl to class. 7 p.m. at Northport Library.
3. Quit Smoking: Public Health Educators from the Suffolk County Department of Health Services will conduct this free, six-part smoking cessation program. (A reunion class will be held October 22.) Based on clinical practice guidelines for treating nicotine dependence, the program provides important information about the physical and psychological aspects of nicotine dependence. 6 p.m. at East Northport Library.
4. Northport BOE Meeting: The Northport-East Northport Board of Education will hold a regular business meeting at 7:30 p.m. at the William Brosnan Building at 7:30 p.m. The full agenda can be found here
5. Asharoken Trustees Meeting: The Asharoken Board of Trustees will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Village Hall.