Hello and welcome to the Wednesday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Rain, mainly after 1pm. High near 42. East wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
2. Heart Disease Prevention: Learn about the top five ways to prevent heart disease and the nutrients that support heart health with registered dietician and nutritionist Katherine Espinoza. She will talk about cholesterol, plant stanols and sterols, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, CoQ10, lecithin, and more. No registration required. 7 p.m.
3. Claim Your Listing: Are you a business owner? Then you're on Patch! Search your business on Patch Places and click "" beneath the photo to have more control over how your business is described, add photos, and alert customers of holiday hours and specialties. It's fast and it's FREE. Check out our for more info!
4. Cheapest Gas Prices: Gas prices are sky high. So save a little money by doing your homework with our traffic and gas widget on the homepage before heading to work.
5. Bloggers Wanted: Are you an expert in your field? Are you passionate about neighborhood issues? Plugged in to local government? Blog for Patch! Patch bloggers say what they want when they want and have a platform to share their voice with thousands of readers. To apply, email the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.
Want real-time updates from Patch? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or sign up for our newsletter.