Hello and welcome to the Monday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Sunny, with a high near 42. West wind between 14 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
2. Valentines Day: What's the ? Vote in our poll!
3. FOOD DRIVE: There will be food drive collection boxes for the Gerald J. Ryan Outreach Center food pantry at the following locations: Best Yet Market, Larkfield Rd, E. Northport, King Kullen, Fort Salonga Rd, Fort Salonga, Pats Meat Farm, Corner Pulaski Rd & Larkfield Rd, E. Northport, Stop & Shop, Jericho Tpke, E. Northport (next to Best Buy).
4. Northport/East Northport School District Board of Education Meeting – Policy Committee Meeting: 1 p.m. at Laurel Ave School.
5. Bloggers Wanted: Are you an expert in your field? Are you passionate about neighborhood issues? Plugged in to local government? Blog for Patch! Patch bloggers say what they want when they want and have a platform to share their voice with thousands of readers. To apply, email the editor at Leah.Bush@patch.com.