Hello and welcome to the Thursday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
2. Digging Up History: Armed with metal detectors and shovels, students will have the opportunity to search for pieces of our past on the property of one of Northport's historic homes. This unique program will introduce attendees to the science of metal detection and how it is used to learn more about history. 9:30 a.m. at .
3. Stand Up Paddle Board Racing: At at 6 p.m. Call ahead 631-749-5005 to we can plan accordingly.
4. Drive-In Movie - Dolphin Tale: Drive-in at to see DOLPHIN TALE (Rated PG). This movie, inspired by a true story, is about a lonely and friendless boy who untangles a hurt dolphin caught in a crab trap. He becomes very attached to the dolphin when the tail must be taken off to save the dolphin's life. The boy believes the dolphin would be able to swim normally if it was given a prosthetic tail. Cornell Cooperative will once again have their Marine Life displays for everyone to experience. 8:30 p.m.
5. Let Patch make your life easier! Sign up for our weekly or daily newsletter and get Northport news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up here.