Hello and welcome to the Thursday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
2. Kids Become Bug Experts: Suburban Exterminating introduces an insect world full of science, wonders, and fun at (10:30 a.m.). Does your child reach up for inch worms hanging in trees? Does he or she try to look inside an ant hill instead of stepping on it? Do spiders crawl on your child's arm, but he or she doesn't do anything but giggle? To register, call Lisa at 631-261-6664.
3. Paddleboard Racing: Intermediate to Advanced Paddler's get together and race once a week for fun. at 6 p.m. Call ahead 631-749-5005.
4. Rotary Fundraiser at Oheka Castle: This event is the Northport Rotary's primary fundraising event of the year supporting annual giving to many local and international Rotary services and charities, including Northport Veterans Administration, Visiting Nurse Service and Hospice of Suffolk, Ecumenical Food Pantry, Gift of Life, Holiday Helpers, Rotary’s Polio Plus, Guide Dog Foundation, Stony Brook Burn Center, Northport Library, ALS Foundation, Camp Pa Qua Tuck, St. Baldrick’s Cancer Research, college scholarships, Northport Arts Coalition, Haiti community development, Midnight Run, American Legion, Wounded Warrior Project, Pennies for Peace and others. As local concerned citizens we are dedicated to “Service above Self” in support of local and international needs. 6-10 p.m. at Oheka Castle. $140. www.northportrotary.com
5. Neil Simon's "Fools": Can one wise man save a village of idiots? To find out, come see Fools, Neil Simon’s hysterical vision of a village cursed with stupidity. @ 8 p.m. $20.