Hello and welcome to the Thursday edition of "The Daily Five," a rundown of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Sunny, with a high near 60. West wind 11 to 17 mph.
2. Book Club: Join Donna Diamond for a discussion of Empire Falls by Richard Russo. Copies of the book will be available at the Northport Library Circulation Desk. Northport Library at 2 p.m.
3. The Pavilion, by Craig Wright: This Pulitzer Prize-nominated play starts with an overview of the creation of the universe and ends with a "sweetheart dance" between two ex-lovers at their 20th high school reunion in tiny Pine City, Minnesota. It is a sad, funny and highly theatrical tale about love, loss, hope, and the fact that, like it or not, time moves in only one direction. Playwright Craig Wright is a prolific, award-winning dramatist who has also written for Lost and Six Feet Under, for which he was nominated for an Emmy. The Pavilion is directed by Jeff Bennett and produced by Eileen Harrington. 8 p.m. at Bare Bones Theater Company. $20
4. Animal Cancer Research Fundraiser: Join Pet Sitters Club, Inc. along with Cara and James Preissler and the Animal Cancer Foundation (ACF) Board of Directors as they jointly host and evening to benefit the ACF. The funds raised will be used to support ACF's mission of funding research in the study, prevention and treatment of cancers that occur in both people and pets. Tickets are $90 per person ($44 of which is tax deductible) For more information about the event please visit www.acfoundation.org to register or donate. 7 p.m. at Northport Yacht Club. $90
5. Have a Local Event? Add it to our calendar here.