Hello and welcome to the Thurdsday edition of the daily five, a rundwon of things to know or do in the community.
1. Weather: Partly sunny, with a high near 69. East wind between 8 and 14 mph.
2. : An all-teen cast brings to life another Bare Bones theatrical treat by enacting nine vignettes that explore the inner lives of animals. Sometimes sad, sometimes funny, sometimes devastating, this innovative show is NOT children's theater. 8 p.m. at . $15.
3. : The Long Island Ducks take on the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs at 6:35 PM. Chamber members, families and friends are invited to come out to the ballpark to cheer on the Long Island Ducks while at the same time enjoying a night of exciting baseball, great refreshments and an opportunity to share in the fun with colleagues. Tickets for this event are discounted at $9.00 each.
4. : Northport Cow Harbor United Soccer Tryouts 2012/13 Season Ages 8 to 18. U12 [8/1/00-12/31/01] Boys - 4:00-5:30, Girls - 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
5. 42nd Street: With book by Michael Stewart and Mark Bramble, with lyrics by Al Dubin and music by Harry Warren and based on the novel by Bradford Ropes, 42nd Street, is the ultimate Broadway fairy tale as a small town chorus girl, Peggy Sawyer, gets her chance to become an overnight star. Filled with amazing production numbers such as We're in the Money, Lullaby of Broadway, Shuffle Off to Buffalo and 42nd Street, this fast-paced, dance-filled classic musical celebrates the stuff that dreams are made of. at 8 p.m. $60.