Labor Day is held on the first Monday in September each year. Unofficially the last day of summer, the holiday, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, "constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country."For those Northport residents still in town, finding what you need on Labor Day can be a real challenge.
Before you head out on Monday, check our list of places to go to make sure your favorite spot is open for the Labor Day holiday or check our directory for contact information if your favorite place isn't listed
What's Closed on Labor Day:
- All state and federal offices
- All Town and Village government offices
- All Northport schools
- Northport-East Northport Public Library
- Banks and credit unions
- Post offices
- 7-Eleven, normal business hours
- Super Stop & Shop: Normal business hours
- Trader Joe's (nearby in Commack)
- Southdown Market (open until 6 p.m. in Huntington)
The Long Island Railroad will be operating on a Sunday/holdiay schedule.
Know of a store that's open for business on Labor Day and should be added to our list? Email editor email@example.com.