The 14th annual Town of Huntington Tulip Festival gets underway on Sunday, May 4, from 11a.m–4p.m. in Heckscher Park in Huntington.
This free festival offers something for everyone, and features children’s activity booths, an art exhibit and live performances on the Chapin Rainbow stage
The town posted the following schedule on its website:
- 12:00-12:45 Chapin Rainbow Stage Performance: “StoryFaces –Tales of Transformation and Wonder”– Christopher Agostino – brings traditional and original tales into the modern world, illustrated by his amazing face painting on the faces of selected audience volunteers. It’s surprising and delightful theatre for all ages, with a playful storytelling style that completely involves the audience. Presented by the Huntington Arts Council.*Sponsored by Astoria Federal Savings*
- 1:30-2:15 Chapin Rainbow Stage Performance: “Chinese Acrobats” – Dazzling acrobatic stunts and feats of balance, flexibility, coordination and strength – these talented athletes tumble and flip, twist and bend in mesmerizing ways, demonstrating how practice, concentration and hard work turn their bodies into moving works of art. They skillfully balance or juggle items such as porcelain jars, silk umbrellas, tables or each other as they share this ancient and colorful art form. Presented by the Huntington Arts Council.*
- 2:15-2:30 Historic Children’s Parade & Tulip Festival Hat Contest (new!): Chinese Acrobats will lead our re-enactment of the annual children’s parade that followed the 1920 dedication of Heckscher Park, which will include a new “Tulip Festival Hat Contest” for children and adults. Just join the parade wearing your creative headgear to enter! Parade will leave from and return to the Stage audience area. (Parents: Please accompany your child in the parade. The Town cannot assume responsibility for your child.)
- 3:00-3:45 Chapin Rainbow Stage Performance: “Get Fuzzy with The Fuzzy Lemons!” – Get ready to jump, wiggle, and shake with The Fuzzy Lemons, the juiciest family-friendly rock band on the scene! With laugh-out-loud lyrics and memorable melodies, every song tells a story and every show is full of fun, inspiring kids of all ages to dance and sing along with music the whole family will love! Presented by the Huntington Arts Council.*
- 4:00 Festival Closes (Museum exhibits on view until 5:00 p.m.)
For more information regarding the Tulip Festival, contact (631) 351-3099.