Northport Patch asked its Facebook fans to finish this sentence: "You know you're from Northport if..."
Here are some of the best responses:
- If you know it's really called Sand City, not Hobart.
- You know that Tuesdays are family nights during the summer on Main Street.
- If you're terrified of LIPA winning its lawsuit.
- That it was called Middleville Middle School, not Northpot (on Laurel Avenue).
- If you know that school administration building on Laurel Ave was the original High School.
- If you love eating candy at Harbor Trading.
- If you know Stop and Shop as the big apple.
- If you knew where the Post was.
- If you knew where the tower house was.
- You have a Shipwrecks Diner Christmas decoration on your Christmas tree.
- You remember Laurel Hardware.
- If you remember Carl's Mariners Inn, Henry Africas' Cafe and Anchor Savings Bank.
- You look forward to the great Cow Harbor day every year.
- If you've been to the Leg Lamp Lighting.
- If you can surf down Main Street when it rains.
- You have a Northport-East Northport Public Library card.
- You love Gunther's Tap Room.
- You have a "NPT" sticker on the back of your car.
- If you've been to Skippers.
- If you've eaten a black bean burger from Organically Yours and loved it, Drank a green tea from Clipper Ship Tea and enjoyed sushi from Benkei.
- You remember the jukebox at Crab Meadow Beach and the barn dances they had.
- If the Firemen's Fair is a highlight of your summer
- And most of all...you know Cow Harbor day does not mean a heard of cows running down Main St and jumping in the harbor.
Thanks to all of our Facebook fans for writing in! Have your own? Write in in the comment section below.